Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I will throw in a free pie if you read this blog!.




The Adventure Begins...



To prove my nerdy tendencies, I have, if fact begun this journey with... a pie chart. Do I hear crickets?



Seriously though, this pie chart shows us something about the way we live that may shock you. Those big smoke stacks in every scary PBS series about polltion, and the endless lines of traffic on LA freeways do have an effect on the planet we call home, but the real horror story is the place we rest our heads, our offices, our favorite restaurant. The buildings we live in account for almost half of the energy used every day in our country. Don't let the happy colors and pizza-like shape of this image deceive you. If we want to make the future brighter for the generations to come, we have to face the dark side of how we live and the places we call home ( ok. enough scare tactics. let's have some fun).




I will be bringing you horror stories from some of the craziest and creepiest places that I have ventured in my work as an energy consultant. I have been places in people's homes where no respectable female should venture....come on now, I'm talking about crawl spaces, attics, and dark moldy mechanical rooms, get your mind out of the gutters (although I do usually take a look at those too).




So, if you've got a lot of free time, or just a curious mind, check out the freak show that is my life.


Welcome to the Adventures of an Energy Nerd.














No comments:

Post a Comment